Here’s a list of all mods I am using for my Let’s Play Skyrim series, plus any extra comments on installation I might have – this is not a replacement for reading each mod’s documentation!
I own all Skyrim DLC and have the free High Resolution DLC installed as well.
I don’t use any ENB except for the speedboost ENB. And, just in case: The list below is not my load order, obviously…
Unofficial Skyrim Patches.
These are basically required for anybody who plays Skyrim on a PC. Download and install the ones you need based on the DLC you own:
- Unofficial Skyrim Patch
- Unofficial High Resolution DLC Patch
- Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
- Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
- Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
The SKSE is required by SkyUI and many other mods and is, for all intents and purposes, mandatory.
I do like OneTweak because I am a big fan of fullscreen window mode for games.
- SkyUI – this is pretty much mandatory
- Immersive HUD – Because I seem to prefer the most minimal GUI I can get away with.
- Extended UI
- Even Better Quest Objectives
- RaceMenu – Absolutely not a “Must”
- SPERG – I picked SPERG because Perkus Maximus wasn’t working smoothly enough (long if temporary freezes during game load).
- The Skyrim Community Uncapper – recommended/required by SPERG.
- Guess the Distance – I am not sure how useful I find this.
- Combat Evolved
- Ultimate Combat
- Flora Respawn Fix – Doesn’t really fit into any one category
In addition, I am using these “survival” mods:
See also “Real Shelter”, under Beautification.
- Crafting Recategorized
- Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
- Pure Weather: I am using the “brighter nights” version because the other version looked too dark on Video. With Tamriel having two huge moons I actually think that brighter nights is the more realistic option anyway.
- Dynamic Timescales – Recommended by Pure Weather.
- Immersive First Person and Immersive Animations
- Better Dynamic Snow
- Wet and Cold
- Wet and Cold – Ashes add-on.
- Splash of Rain
- Vivid Clouds and Fog
- Lightning During Thunderstorms
- Morning Fogs Refined
- Quality Snowflakes
- Lanterns of Skyrim and the Dawnguard patch
- High-Res Legible Road Signs
- Real Ice and Snow
- No Snow Under the Roof
- Moss Rocks with the 4k texture and the Dragonborn Patch
- Immersive Icicles
- Realistic Water Two
- Unique Grasses and Ground Cover
- Immersive Fallen Trees – Highly recommended
- Skyrim Better Roads
- Follower Trap Safety –This is a mod I actually don’t “like” to use; however, it’s hard to impossible to micro-manage followers and so I decided to include this mod.
Monsters and NPCs
- Skyrim Immersive Creatures
- Immersive NPC in the dark
- Deadly Dragons
- Inconsequential NPCs and the Enhancement Module
- Interesting NPCs
- Ultimate Dragons
- Apocalypse with More Apocalypse
- Skyrim 2k HD Textures – I use the “light” versions.
- Skyfalls and Skymills
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod
- Skyrim Flora Overhaul – I use the “Regular” version 1.91
- Enhanced Lights and FX – with the exterior module, but not the Enhancer. Also the DLC and SMIM patches.
- Footprints – with the Ash add-on
- Immersive First Person
- No Dragon LOD
- No Stretching – I found that this solves some rock texture issues I had been having.
- TreesHD Skyrim Variation
- The Skyrim Distance Overhaul with the Skyfalls and Skymills Patch – I had a few nasty LOD issues and this mod fixed them for me.
- Imaginator with the McMenu add-on
- Real Shelter – Shelter from the elements. This will require Tes5edit and some work as documented on the Real Shelter plugin page. Just follow the description, it’s easy. I am also using the “Experimental” version of the rain texture.
- HD Stone Quarry and Clay Deposit for Hearthfire – improved textures
- Moon Glow – Adds a glow to the moons
I didn’t want to overload my game, but a few nice-looking weapons and armor never hurt anybody (except, hopefully, my enemies). Plus, cloaks should help with the harsh climate.
- Cloaks of Skyrim – and the Dawnguard add-on
- Winter is Coming
- Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
- Immersive Armors
- Immersive Weapons
- Wearable Lanterns
- Acquisitive Soul Gems
- Divine Aegis Armor
- Nordic Ranger Outfit
- Mystic Elven Armor
- Nordic Adventurer Armor
- SPOA Silver Knight Armor and Shield
- Lost Paladin of the Divine Wrath Armor
- Unique Uniques
I did also install these two book mods:
- Book Covers Skyrim and the Compatibility Patches (only Complete Crafting Overhole Redone patch applies to me, but YMMV)
- Book Covers Skyrim – Lost Library
- Audio Overhaul for Skyrim 2
- Sounds of Skyrim – Civilization, The Wilds, The Dungeons and you’ll definitely want the MCM add-on. If you use the ELFX Enhancer, look into the compatibility patch.
And that’s it…
…but I guess the list of mods will change as I play…