Skyrim was originally published three years ago, and I bought it – mostly on a whim – on release day. I love the game, but I have never beaten it.
At the same time, I’ve been looking for a new MMORPG to play ever since I stopped playing Guild Wars 2. I can’t find any that is compelling – and a few days ago I realized that I could just substitute Skyrim!
After that realization I thought about it some more. I had also considered buying The Long Dark – a winter survival indie game – and it seems to me that I can get such an experience in Skyrim, too!
So, a plan hatches: I will do a “Skyrim Survival” video series.
This means that I have to set up the most immersive Syrim experience I can get, and that means it’s Modding time.
I’ve spent the last few days looking at Mods I will be using. I’ll post a complete list once it has settled down, but some basics are:
- Frostfall and iNeed and other mods that support them
- Wet and Cold
- Pure Weather and W.A.T.E.R.
- Real Shelter
- Mods that improve wildlife, hunting and scavenging
- Various graphical enhancements – Vanilla Skyrim is beautiful but it has its rough edges
- Some “quality of life” things such as a Resurrection spell, Open Locks spells and so on.
There are a few others, but this gives you a very rough idea where I am heading. If you do have any suggestions, please let me know!